Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Distinctive Dog - Peanut Butter Bread

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  We're one day closer to the weekend!  

Our Tuesday review is of Peanut Butter Bread treats from Distinctive Dog!

I'm pretty amped about these treats because I randomly found them online and realized that they are made locally.  Then, as if things couldn't get any more exciting (I know, I need to get out more), my sister and I found them at a new pet store in the area last weekend!  




There were a couple of different flavors to choose from.  Of Pawberry Cobbler, Sweet Potato Carrot Cake, Chicken Pot Pie, and Peanut Banana Bread, I chose Peanut Banana Bread because two of Teton's favorite things are peanut butter and bananas.  

Here are Distinctive Dog's reasons why dogs love their treats. 




Here's something that I love!  




A short ingredient list!  Look at all of those good-for-you yummies!  

I also love that these treats are locally made.  That always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

My initial thumbs down about this product was the price.  I paid $8.98 for a 12 oz box of the Peanut Butter Bread treats.  But, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out the packaging. 




Sometimes I feel totally jipped when I spend a lot of money on treats for T.  (When I say "a lot," I mean more than $7.)  Too often dog treat boxes or bags look way more full than they actually are.  You know...like when you buy a bag of chips and half of the bag is air?  The Distinctive Dog treat bag was pretty packed!  




Um, Mom...do I get all of those? 




I've been giving Teton these without breaking them, but I can totally see myself snapping them in half and using the pieces as training treats.  He has really been going nutty over these.  When I give him one, he takes it ever so gently in his mouth and over to his bed, where he slowly chomps away at it.  Then, a few seconds later, he's back begging for another.  




I like these treats.  First off, they're locally made, and I like supporting local businesses.  Second, they're available in fun flavors (I think we'll try the Pawberry Cobbler next!).  Third, they have a pretty short ingredient list with a lot of good things for Mr. T.  And fourth, Distinctive Dog donates 5% of all of their profits to pet and wild animal welfare organizations.  If that doesn't make me all gooey all over I don't know what will!

The only downside of these treats for me is the price.  Even though the bag was pretty full, it's still a little steep for biscuits.  But, the pros outweigh the cons and the Little Blogger seems to really dig these treats.  

We give Distinctive Dog's Peanut Butter Bread treats a seven out of 10.  

See you on Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment